May 25, 2023
Apple celebrates Fitness+ Pride with a new artist spotlight featuring Madonna.
In celebration of Pride, Apple Fitness+ is introducing new workouts and meditations that shine a light on the LGBTQ+ community, as well as a new artist spotlight featuring the music of longtime social activist and partner Madonna.
The Artist Spotlight series — which curates an entire workout playlist for one artist — expands with new workouts featuring the music of Madonna. On Monday, June 5, new workouts featuring the singer’s music will be available across all forms of fitness, including HIIT, rowing, cycling, core, treadmill, strength, dance and yoga.
With more than four decades of unparalleled international success and record-setting tours, Madonna is the first artist to have 50 No. 1 hits on any Billboard chart. She was also recognized by Guinness World Records as the best-selling female artist.
For the first time in any fitness service, the energy and themes of each workout are inspired by Madonna’s influence on self-acceptance and inclusion across music, culture and style. The playlist in each workout showcases the success of her career from each decade, starting in the 1980s and continuing into the 2010s. Each workout trainer will be styled in the singer’s legendary fashion. At the 1984 MTV Video Music Awards, Fitness+ trainer Tyrell Dessen, who empowered users to express themselves while rocking a white lace wedding dress, performed a song called “Like a Virgin” inspired by the artist’s memorable style. In a rowing workout, Fitness+ trainer Anja Garcia celebrates the artist’s transformation and creativity over the decades while celebrating her iconic fashion in the “Material Girl” music video.
Starting Monday, May 29, Fitness+ will celebrate Pride Month in June by introducing seven new exercises and meditations that celebrate the LGBTQ+ community. Each workout features a playlist of LGBTQ+ artists and allies, all while spreading a message of inclusion and acceptance. The exercise will also feature special pride lights inspired by the rainbow flag. Fitness+ trainer Christian Howard leads a new meditation reflecting on famous leaders who have united communities in support of equal rights.
A new Apple Watch Pride Edition sports band, matching watch face, and iOS wallpaper are now available, celebrating the ongoing movement to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities around the world. In these efforts, Apple supports LGBTQ+ advocacy organizations working to create positive change, including the Equality Federation Institute, Inquire, Equality North Carolina, Equality Texas, GLSN, Gender Spectrum, Human Rights Campaign, ILGA World, and the National Center for Transgender Equality. , PFLAG, SMYAL and The Trevor Project
Pricing and availability
- Apple Fitness+ is available as a subscription service. $9.99 (US) per month or $79.99 (US) per year, and can be shared with up to five other family members.
- Fitness+ is included in the Apple One Premier plan, which if available gives customers access to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+ and iCloud+ along with 2TB of storage and can be shared with up to five other family members. .
- Fitness+ is available in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerlandof United Arab Emiratesof UKAnd US.
- Three months of Apple Fitness+ included with purchase of Apple Watch Series 4 or later, iPhone 11 or later, iPad (9th generation) or later, iPad Air (5th generation) or later, iPad mini (6th generation) or later, iPad Customers with Pro 11-inch (3rd generation) or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation) or later, Apple TV HD, or Apple TV 4K (2nd generation). One month of Fitness+ is included for all other new subscribers.
- Apple Fitness+ requires an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16.1, or an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 7.2 or later paired with an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3 or later.
- To get the new features, users need to make sure their devices are running the latest software version.
- The Pride Edition Sport Band is available to order at apple.com and the Apple Store app for $49 (US).
- The new Pride Celebration watch face and iPhone wallpaper require watchOS 9.5 and iOS 16.5.
Press the contacts
Apple Media Helpline