After releasing the Android 13 open beta updates for the top-of-the-line OnePlus 10 series and OnePlus 9 series smartphones, OnePlus is now moving towards its more premium devices. OnePlus 10R is now receiving the Oxygen OS 13 open beta update based on the latest Android 13 operating system in India.
Users will also get new features that the latest OxygenOS version includes, such as a new Aquamorphic design, Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, an always-on display for music, ride noises and food delivery, and an automatic pixelation feature for chat. screenshots, and dynamic computing engine, among others. Let’s take a look at the full changelog below.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta: Changelog
• Aquamorphic design enhances surface colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and clear.
• Adds a shadow-reflective clock, with a shadow that mimics the direction of the sun and moon.
• Adds a World Clock widget to the home screen to display the time in different time zones.
• Upgraded to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with new feature recognition, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clear and clean visual experience.
• Apply real-world physical movements to animations to make them look more natural and recognizable.
• Improves the widget design to make it easier and faster to find information.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons using the latest color scheme to easily distinguish the icons.
• Enriches and facilitates examples of behaviors that include multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the home screen. Now you can open an app in a large folder with a single tap, and swipe pages to change the folder.
• Adds a new always-on display that shows live information about music, ride hailing and food availability. (only supports some apps)
• Increases media playback control, and improves the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds additional markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the home screen, making information more personal.
• Adds a sidebar toolbar. You can open a floating window in apps for smooth operation.
• Improves shelf life. Swiping down on the home screen brings up a shelf by default • You can search for content online and on your device.
• Improves headphone connectivity to provide a more seamless experience.
• Bitmoji optimizes rendering of always-on display animations.
• Always-on display improves usability, with more personalized always-on display settings available.
• Portrait drawing improves the always-on display, with additional drawing tools and line colors available.
Security and privacy
• Adds automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system will automatically pixelate profile pictures and names in chat screenshots to protect your privacy.
• Improves personal safety
• Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of personal files.
Health and digital security
• Adds child space. When you’re in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids Mode to create a kid-friendly space.
• Adds remote, ambient lighting and seating reminders in Kid Space.
• Increases eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds a dynamic computing engine to improve system speed, stability, battery life, and application experience.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta: Installation
There are two prerequisites for upgrading to OxygenOS 13 Open Beta. Your OnePlus 10R should be running on A.07/A.08 firmware versions, OnePlus 10R Endurance Version with 150W charging should work on both A.06/A.07/A.08 firmware versions.
After confirming that your phone is running on the recommended firmware, you can download the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta file. Click here to download OnePlus 10R. OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition users can click here to download the beta version.
Once you save the file in your phone’s internal storage, you need to enable the developer mode on your device. Go to Click Settings > About Device > Version > Build Number 7 times. Developer mode should now be enabled. Now, go to Settings > About Device > Update > Click on the top right button > Local Install > Click on the relevant installation package > Extract > Upgrade to update their device to Android 13.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta: Bugs, Flashes
As it is in beta stage, users may face some issues. Thankfully, OnePlus has addressed known issues. You can check them out below before you jump.
• Abnormal camera behavior when using 50M mode.
• When the device is removed from the ear during a call, the screen lights up slowly.
• When opening an app that requires a password to open, the device’s screen will flash.
• After charging the phone with SuperVOOC 150W, the set charging time will not be displayed. (OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition)
• “SuperVOOC 150W” is not fully displayed on the lock screen when charging. (OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition)
Best mobile phones in India
Follow GizBot to stay updated with the latest tech news and gadget reviews TwitterFacebook, YouTube and also subscribe to our notification.
You are already registered