vivo launched the V25 and V25 Pro in August. And after reviewing the V25 Pro, it’s time to take a look at the vanilla V25.
Left: vivo V25 • Right: vivo V25 Pro
Like its older sibling, the V25 is aimed at younger creatives. It features an OIS-enabled 64MP main camera and, even more, a 50MP, f/2.0 selfie camera with autofocus. The rest of the V25’s specs paint a decent midranger picture on paper.
vivo V25 specifications at a glance
- Body: 159.2×74.2×7.8mm, 186g; Glass front, glass back.
- Show: 6.44 inch AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (edge), 1080x2404px resolution, 20.03:9 aspect ratio, 409 ppi.
- Chipset MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 (6 nm): Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68 MC4.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- Operating System/Software: Android 12, Funtouch 12.
- rear camera; wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 0.7µm, PDAF, OIS; Very wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120-degree, 1/4”, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 50 MP, f/2.0, (wide), AF.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 44W, 61% in 30 minutes (promoted).
- Miscellaneous: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); Change the color of the back panel.
The vivo V25 also has a pretty eye-catching exterior design. Thanks to the inclusion of vivo’s Fluorite AG UV-reactive glass back surface that changes color when hit by light. This allows users to create temporary designs and prints on the V25.
This color conversion method is carried over from the previous V23 generation, and is focused on photography as well as box design. The V25 is rocking a familiar Apple-inspired look with flat sides and nicely rounded corners. The phone is very thin and light, just like the “V” line of vivo devices.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of things, let’s take a quick look at the vivo V25 retail package.
Vivo V25 ships in your standard double carton box. It is thick and strong, which is always impressive but not particularly bright. Still, thanks to Vivo’s choice of colors, it stands out on the shelf. There is a lot of plastic in the box, which is good for holding everything securely, but not exactly environmentally friendly.
The vivo V25 has what we consider to be the richest retail package in terms of accessories. Inside the box, you get a nice and sturdy clear TPU case. Also, a pair of white headphones with an inline microphone and 3.5mm audio jack. vivo also includes a Ty-C to 3.5mm jack adapter to go along with the buds.
The included charger is one of vivo’s 44W FlashCharge units. It is rated for 5V@2A, 9V@2A and 11V@4A outputs. It uses a USB Type-A plug, and vivo includes an A to Type-C cable in the box. Since Vivo’s FlashCharge doesn’t use a proprietary cable, it should be easily replaced if lost. But you should be more careful with the charger itself.